Friday, August 10, 2007

In Memory of our still-born baby, Samuel Trent Dillon Dyess; born into the Hands of God March 11, 1997

Our Nurse and Forever Sister, Oni Smith RN
"Remember, His Will is for your good. I'm glad I was
able to be here and take care of you!"


March 13, 1997
Room 282, Bed 2
Columbia East Medical Center Montgomery, AL

A very dear friend and sister in Christ wrote this and hand-delivered it in the hospital. The Holy Spirit snapped me into reality, at the death of my baby boy, and asked "Do you love me?" I answered through a broken heart and hurting spirit, "Yes, Lord, I do."

I would like to share this with anyone out there struggling with the death of a child. Thank you Lynn Hubbard! For being such an inspiration and dear sister in a great time of need.

Letter below

My Dear Sister Pam, I love you! I'm so sorry for the loss that you have suffered with your son. I am afraid to imagine the pain that you must feel to have him taken this soon. The pain that you are about to walk through is a natural part of the process of death. It is a season in your life. Praise be to our God - you have been called from death into life, and the season of death - your son's and your's - has been delivered sealed with the promise of life. Our God has promised us a joy more powerful and more penetrating than this grief. So then, the grief need not be feared nor denied, but endured for the joy set before us. God's Word says of your son:

“Your eyes [Our Father’s eyes] did see my substance, yet being imperfect; and in your book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.How precious also are your thoughts toward me, O God! How great is the sum of them!”
Psalms 139
His loss to you is real, as real as his reception into the hands of our Father. Pam, you are very precious to our Lord, and He will be very near to you. When you look back to this time you will see that the one set of footprints is too big and too straight to be yours. Please call on me for anything the Lord will grant me to do for you during this time. I pray the Lord will grant you patience with we humans who tend to love a lot but not well. Be forwarned – I will be checking on you. Please give my love to Scot.

Yours in Christ (a done deal),
Lynn



"Your strength lies not in holding it in, but letting the tears out
and allowing God to comfort you. Every hour that passes
is filled with people lifting you up to our Lord!
Remember, He sees and collects each
and every one of your tears."
-Oni Smith-

Letter from Ray Hubbard
What a brother!



1 comment:

Victoria Anne said...

Beautiful ! You and your family are truly loved and blessed. Through it all you have learned to trust in Jesus and His Presence in you is real and blesses so many.

Love, Victoria L.